Sunday, May 31, 2026

The Berwyn Beat, May 2026

By Nate Feldman

 

Local News

Devon Horseshow Returns to the Area

From May 20-31, the annual Devon Horseshow was held at the Devon fairgrounds, attracting equestrian enthusiasts from the local area and throughout the country.

The event gave horse owners an opportunity to show their equine to the public.  

There were also people who came to enjoy carnival rides and a variety of food.  There were also opportunities to visit horse stalls and shop from artisans of all kinds.

Kipper and I enjoyed exploring the fairgrounds, going into shops, and watching the different horses. 

Weather

Intense Heat Leads to Stormy Weather and Cooler Temperatures

In the middle of the month, there were a few days of intense heat in the area, with temperatures reaching close to 100 degrees.  However, on Wednesday May 20, there were Severe Thunderstorms and large downpours.  After this, the weather got much cooler, with some days in the 50s.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Berwyn Beat, July 2026

By Nate Feldman   Short Story: I was walking down the street when I saw two of my neighbors, Mark and Manuela Monster.  I greeted them, but ...